Bloodborne pathogens are infectious microorganisms in human blood that can cause disease in humans. These pathogens include, but are not limited to, hepatitis B (HBV), hepatitis C (HCV), and human immunodeficiency virus (HIV). Needlesticks and other sharps-related injuries may expose workers to bloodborne pathogens.
In this course you will learn to:
- Define Modes of Transmission
- Understand the concepts of OSHA Universal Precautions
- Identify safety equipment and PPE used with infectious materials
- Understand the CDC Biological Safety Levels for your lab
- Understand how to properly dispose of biological waste
- Understand the proper clean a biological spill